The 18 Month Wedding Planning Guide
Has the New Year given you that much needed motivation to get your wedding planning on track?
If so, hold on to those positive vibes and get cracking! Every wedding takes a lot of planning and organisation, probably a lot more than you had anticipated if you are doing this for the first time.
But never fear, we have created this handy wedding check list to guide you and ensure that nothing is forgotten.
· Sit down with your partner to discuss potential wedding dates
· Also discuss your preferred venue type e.g. fixed venue, marquee, tipi etc. along with themes
· Decide on a rough budget
· Start filling in your wedding planner or spreadsheet
· Make as many venue viewing appointments as you feel you need
· Write a rough guest list to give you an idea of numbers and venue capacity needed
· Book your favourite ceremony and reception venue
· Book registrar if you are not getting married in a church
· Start looking at catering options. We challenge you to not get hungry in the process!
· Finalise your guest list and create a rough seating plan
· Pick your bridesmaids and groomsmen and pop the questions
· Book overnight accommodation for yourself and guests if needed
· Book caterers
· Book photographer and videographer
· Book entertainment e.g. Band, DJ, magician or whatever takes your fancy!
· Start wedding dress and bridesmaid dress shopping
· Book a blooming good florist
· Book cake maker and try not to get hungry again
· Book venue dressers or start shopping for venue accessories if you are choosing to do it yourself
· Book hairdressers and make-up artists
· Book transport
· Arrange equipment hire e.g. PA systems and projectors
· If you have chosen a tipi or marquee wedding then you may need to hire tings such as a mobile bar (Of course check out Cestrian Bars East), dance floor, generator, outdoor loos etc (Take a look at our ‘How to Pull Off the Perfect DIY Wedding’ blog post for more guidance
· Book any smaller finishing touches such as photo backdrops, sweet carts and lawn games
· Send out save the date cards
· Design and print your wedding invitations
· Schedule final catering tasting session and enjoy!
· Send out your wedding invites
· Start suit shopping (we advise to send at least one lady for damage control)
· Buy your wedding rings and keep them safe!
· Have a hair and make-up trial
· Plan the hen and stag parties and remember that budget!
· finalise your seating plan based on RSVPs
· Choose readings, hymns and prayers if required
· Meet with Registrar/Vicar to finalise the running of the ceremony